Sunday, August 23, 2009

A long wait rewarded


So for several years, nearly 4 if not 4 years - I've had a shrimp lure in my storage. After Critical did their Shen run I decided I wanted one. We never did a second run however. So four years pass and I still have this lantern hanging out, not being used. I'd gone on a few Shen "attempts" before but none of them ended well so I didn't risk my lantern.

Well finally! Monchilio invited me to join DarkHado. A smn linkshell. Despite the fact I'm not a summoner mind you! All good though! I do have blm and maybe this will motivate me to finish RDM and actually cap xp on BLM again.

And I owe it all to DarkHado too! We did it the black mage way of burstII and thunder IV and AeroIV and such till it was dead. It took like 5 mins to kill one Shen so we ended up doing 4 successful Shens. Though one thing that irritated me was the negativity about how you can't melee Shen. I've said it a thousand times, maybe it's not the fastest way, but you can straight tank and melee shen with skillchains and bursts. Critical did it a long time ago and I was there for that. 5 Shen in one day doing it the melee way. And no, we didn't have Dark Knights with Kraken Clubs either. :P

No comments: