Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Foiled by a bison


Oh, give me a home where the buffalo roam
And the snoll and the varible hare play
Where seldom is heard a delighted wyrm
And the skies are cloudy all day


I've been trying to obtain my cure clogs from this preposterous little buffalo named Bonnacon out in Uleguerand Range but the bastard has been just a bit more stingy than helpful. He's supposed to drop the clogs as well as a scythe but I've not seen either drop and I'm 0/7 right now. It's a dull little camp. Kill buffalo. Wait. Kill buffalo. Wait. Sing a song. Kill buffalo. He's apparently a true random lottery spawn as all sources I've found have no true estimated window for him or spawn times.  Sometimes I've gone out and he's been up, other times I had to kill the place holders for 5 or more hours, sometimes only an hour. Who really knows. I do tend to get tons of Uleguerand Milk which is a nice little regen of 2 hp a tick for a total of 80, and some hides and buffalo meat which used to sell for a nice price, but the economy sucks a lot right now.
 

Did I mention how nasty these things are? Like, hygienically nasty. They have this awful breath that gives plague and eats all your TP up. This beauty has a stun effect on his normal hits, which were smacking me for 200+ damage each. And anyone who says that his accuracy is worse than that of the normal buffalo in the area ~ needs to be pulled with a hundred arrows to the face because he hits a lot more regularly and it could be quite dangerous if he stuns. Shadows are necessary if soloing. 

There's also a wolf that spawns at night up here named Cwn Annwn (strange name) and he'll drop a snow lily which can be used in a few quests, including the one with the Lycopodium guy. 

If you trade Tarnotik a Snow Lily, he will warp you to Mine Shaft #2716. If you are far enough on Return to the Depths, you can use Ahriman Tears instead. You must give up your Shaft 2716 Operating Lever key item if you have one in your possession. 
~ FFXI Wiki

So! YEAH! Nice little camp, though very very dull if alone. Bring friends for moral support and campfire sing-a-longs! 

No comments: